Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Open Call for Models - People, Places and Things



Hey Everyone, I
am trying to put together a series which portrays people, places and things to add to my portfolio.

If the series is done well, I will submit it into a gallery and get it reviewed.

And so, I am looking for volunteers to participate in this photo opportunity. It's open to anyone who is serious and who wants to partake in something interesting and fun.

I would need you to do the following:
  • Pick one personal item from your home
  • List three of your favorite places
  • List three of your favorite things to do and/or hobbies.
And if you can, no obligation, tell me briefly what the item means to you, if you hate it, love it, if it belonged to your grandmother, etc.

When picking an item, please do not pick the following:
Dolls, Action Figures, Cell Phones, Laptops and iPods
If you, however, have one of the items you would really like to use, please let me know.

You may or may not be in the photograph depending on the item and location.
If you do not want to be in the photograph at all, please let me know in advance so that I can possibly make arrangements.

You don't need to be a model or have experience as one and you wouldn't need to wear anything that you normally wouldn't wear.

The goal is just to show people, as they are, with items of importance to them, in an artistic way.


So please let me know if you are interested in participating.
Thank you.

-Louisa Garcia
LaGata Photography

9 comments:

  1. I'm interested.
    I wanna do it, sounds interesting.
    Besides I have a few ideas myself...


    xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested, however, I don't place too much emphasis on material objects since they can be broken, lost and replaced. All I have is me (unless you want to photograph me with Gato) not sure how i would fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I wouldn't mind being a part of it. I have an item but I didnt wanna write about it here. So how does this work? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mizz Mercedes, sounds awesome.. email me on facebook.

    Mizz Soap Kitten, we will definitely have to talk.. I think using gato would be awesome.. but I am afraid he'll run away, would he?

    Mizz GlamBikini, email me on facebook and let me know what you have in mind. =0.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE for you to photograph us, however, he may go into surgery the next couple of days. He has a mass about the size of a soft ball, that needs to be removed. We dunno what it is yet. Results tomorrow.
    But after his surgery, maybe I can spify the place here and you can take pics of us. Actually, I would really like that considering that he's not going to be around forver. I hope he makes it thru the surgury... :..(

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww.. he will pull through, they should test his blood to make sure he can handle anesthesia, but he will be fine.. I will keep him in my thoughts.. provided that all goes well.. maybe well just have a private shoot with you and gato.. and you, gato and emily.. how does that sound? I have these neat leopard panels my friend gave me, which maybe I could bring over.. we'll see.. =0.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I be nekkid... just kidding.
    Well, actually... now I wonder (the leopard print panels made me say that), but I wonder if we can do tasteful b&w shots-- providing that the cats can behave and stay in one place. I figured one of Gato laying on my back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. like.. nekkid shots of gato on your back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, lovely!
    When is the deadline for this shoot?

    ReplyDelete