Friday, April 15, 2011

Haus of Topper

For the past few weeks, I've been collaborating with the Haus of Topper for an editorial shoot we are hosting in exactly one month. It's been quite the process between holding meetings, getting the right make up artist and hair stylist to getting the perfect model or at the least the one that fits our idea the best.

The Haus of Topper was started by the amazingly ambitious David Topper who has been in the fashion industry for years now and works for a top designer. He created this line for his exquisitely hand-crafted jewelry and plans on expanding to become more of a lifestyle line than only just jewelry.

This Sunday, the Haus of Topper and myself will go location scouting in Brooklyn which will allow me to block my shots and get a sense of what we're working with. Location scouting and blocking is important for the flow of the shoot. It hinders Murphy's Law just a little. =0.)

The shoot is 70's inspired, but will maintain its modernity with my angles and the HoT style. Topper's pieces are a direct reflection of himself. Bold, daring, unique and, dare I say, sexy. And so for these reasons I am excited to be on this project and humbled he has asked me to be the head photographer.

Incidentally, while we are shooting, we will also be filming a commercial directed by Robert Dume of Briefcase Productions. It's bound to be a day of laughs, arguments, hairspray, creativity, lipstick on collars and much, much more.
I cannot wait!

Here are some photographs from our impromptu photo shoot last November with model Ruth Matos, stylized by Jason Zwickl. =0.)




No comments:

Post a Comment