Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Model Scientist/Doctor

Here is model Tim Lau. He is a science major at St. John's University with hopes of becoming a doctor and going to med school at Columbia University.
When no one is looking, Tim sneaks away from lab reports and neutrons to pose for photographers like myself.

Tim is a blank canvas. You can paint him in any direction and he's more than willing to follow if you believe a certain angle or look or pose will make for a great shot.
He is super friendly and easy to work with. I am so glad to call him friend after our first shoot together last year where I had him dressed in a retro suit.

On Monday, we scoured the Meatpacking District in New York City looking for an amazing place to shoot. We found one incredibly amazing location that had rusted pipes, graffiti and a fence, but reeked with such a stench that our nostrils felt seared.
Did I mention Tim is brave? Oh yes! He changed in this location which had substances on the floor which can only be described as pigeon and human shit and piss (those were the noticeable elements). He quickly donned his black suit, with a blue button down and grey tie. I took one look at him and knew that he needed something. Ah! I popped my mustard glasses on him and voila! An amazing color contrast.

Here are a few photographs from our latest shoot together as well as a couple from our first shoot together.





2 comments:

  1. nice pics! the one with empire state building, his right elbow is cut off. the one with the sunglasses, i think it would work if he was on the left side of the frame looking to the left. it would make you wonder what he is looking at. the last one has lots of character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tony! Yes, his right elbow was cut off and I can't put it back together again. lol.. but my favorite thing about that photo is the angle. His lean lines up with the chrysler building.. =0.)

    For the photo with the sunglasses, I actually like infinity. I like that there is a light reflection in his glasses and he is looking up, like there is hope.

    The last one, I agree. I actually had on hand an actual LIFE magazine issue from the 60's. Tim gave me a great reason to use it. =0.D

    ReplyDelete