Monday, April 18, 2011

Fashion Photography Homework: Project 1

The first objective for my fashion photography homework was to take two photographs, one has to show clothes or an item of clothing on a person and the next photo has to show the same clothing or item off a person.

After class, I wondered what the hell was I going to do for this project. My first idea was to show a person fully decked out in a suit/dress and then using that same attire and laying it flat on the bed with that person in their underwear looking pretty sullen, sitting next to the bed.
I tossed that idea out. It was pretty shitty and done before.

I then decided to focus on one item, I was going back and forth between a handbag and a scarf. I chose the scarf because it's my favorite accessory.

Now the idea. This was pretty tough, but I eventually came up with something I knew no one had done, at least, not that I have seen.

I spent all day yesterday, calling around to friends whom I thought could pull this shoot off, friends who were naturally stylish and most importantly none that I shot before. I happened upon my friend, Rob Krevolin, a superb writer and a talent manager, who lives in the lower east side. I called him and though he hates being in front of the camera, he consented because he wanted to help in anyway he can. I have many people in my life that support my (photography) habit, he is one of them.

I asked him if he had roof access, he scoped out his apartment building and texted me that he did and that there were fire hydrants around the neighborhood. Essentially he scouted locations for me. He even found a red pump which would contrast/compliment so well with the teal scarf. =0.)

I got to his place, popped off 40 frames between himself and the hydrant and below are the results. Murphy tried to stop this shoot from happening, but I always believe things happen for a reason.

I am still debating which set I should show to my class for homework....thoughts?





Project 2 coming soon... =0.)

No comments:

Post a Comment